You’ve given birth and you can not stop thinking, “My baby is finally here!” But now what?
- You did not anticipate how different your body and energy levels would feel…
- You are getting behind on regular chores you usually keep up with…
- You are exhausted…
- It is difficult to focus as sleep deprivation sets in…
- You forgot to pick up that key ingredient for tonight’s meal, now what?
While you are head over heels in love with your new baby, he/she cries often and you are sure he/she is trying to tell you something.
- How do you figure out what your baby is saying?
- What is the proper way to bathe a newborn?
- When exactly should your baby have his or her first bath in which you submerge them in water?
- How long should you nurse on one breast before you switch to the other breast?
- Your milk supply has not let down and you feel like your baby is not being satiated.
- Should you supplement with formula although your true desire is to breastfeed exclusively?
Your doula will care for you by prioritizing your needs. You will be nourished, hydrated, rested and confidently caring for your newborn in no time!
It is not too late to call New Orleans Doulas and set up a schedule for postpartum support. New Orleans Doulas is happy to have your postpartum doula secured for your family before the baby has arrived but will also accommodate last minute requests. We are here to help and know how time sensitive your needs may be.