Here in Louisiana, we taste our fair share of flavors, but nothing as remarkably beneficial as when a mother ingests her placenta through encapsulation.
This unique and modern practice is vital in giving the body the extra boost it needs after the demanding challenge of childbirth. Not only is it a safe way to return important nutrients to a woman’s post birth body but the possible benefits are tremendous.
- Helps return the uterus to pre-pregnancy size
- May increase stress reducing hormones which would decrease postpartum depression
- Restores iron levels in your blood
- May increases your milk supply
- Regulates your hormones
- Boosts your energy levels
The most common method of encapsulation includes steaming and dehydrating the placenta, crushing it into powder form and placing it into capsules.