Here are some recommendations from our doulas:
- 2 pairs of comfy pajamas
- An outfit for going home: I recommend yoga pants!
- Two baby onesies
- A change of clothes for your partner
- Toiletries: Toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash deodorant, lotion, body wash, wipes, hairbrush, hair ties, etc. Put them all in one cosmetic bag or Ziploc bag so they’re easy to find. (Check out these amazing Hatch Mama products)
- CHAPSTICK (You will never need it more in your life!)
- Granny panties: The more coverage and stretch the better. The hospital has amazing mesh underwear. Get you some!!!!!
- Nursing bra or sports bra: Again something comfortable and stretchy!
- Mac Daddy Pads: These pads are the biggest, thickest sanitary pads you can find. Some women like to use depends.
- Phone charger
- Birth plan: Your birth plan should be one page. Bring multiple copies (about 3-4). If you need help creating your birth plan, ask your doula to help you navigate through birth options.
Bonus item: A pair of slippers. Hospital floors can be cold. A pair of slippers may be nice to keep your feet warm when going in and out of the bathroom or when walking through the halls to relieve the pressure of contractions.